Blinking light on instrument pod information display?
Caused by bus connection between the Ford ECU and the Rover Body control unit.
Fuel Pressure – Little or No Pressure.
A number of vehicles have experienced problems arising from low or non-existent fuel pressure leading to an engine non-start condition. It is possible that the lack of fuel pressure may be down to the fuel filter assembly coming apart. Previously this would have necessitated a new fuel filter assembly to be fitted.
Please click on this document to explain the cheap fix.
Front springs for the ZT/ZT-T are REB000590 and singly or as a boxed-pair (REB000590PR), from www.aewilcox.co.uk (Contact: John Wilcox)
Tel: 01454 294213
Brackets for rears and locate them to the turret in the boot, part no. RPF100060, from Rimmers @ £30.00 each.
Fan belt: PQS000300, Belt is a 6PK2375 DAYCO part NO 5060935 same belt for the VW Passat 2.3 V5with air con 2000 on. Also available from Gates: part number 6PK2373.
Brian Luti from Dreadnought Garage (Link)
These are Brians recommendations:
- Fit the Orange clip to the Fuel Filter. (Bought not fitted).
- Fit the Two-Sixties – upgraded heater hose. (Bought not fitted).
- Fit the Two-Sixties – “Black Olive” replacement heater valve.
- Fit the Two-Sixties – magnetic hex-head sump plug. (Bought not fitted).
- Modify the block on the bonnet opening mechanism
- Check your spark plugs. They are known to work loose, or worse, to blow out of the head. Take them out once a year regardless of mileage, lube the threads with a LITTLE copper grease and replace. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN as there are only a few threads in the head. Torque to 12NM (8Ib ft), no more.
- Fit a lighter throttle return spring to improve accelerator feel and minimise cable sticking.
- Be heard. Fit the second horn, originally removed by the factory as a cost saving measure. (fitted standard on my car).
- Service your aircon compressor and especially replace the original refrigerant/oil mixture.
- Adjust the handbrake carefully. You may have to replace the handbrake compensator and the handbrake shoes.
- Check rear sub frame cross-tube for rust.
- Check welding on the four radius arms on the rear subframe.
- Fit scooters rear wheel alignment replacement bolt and bushes kit (and new radius arms if needed).
- On pre-facelift cars check the rear springs for broken top coils.
- Throw away the four locking wheel nuts.
- Upgrade the cooling fan resistor (or the complete cooling fan unit).
- Monitor the alloy wheels as they are known to crack at the rims and cause slow leaks (they can be welded and fixed).